Let’s talk numbers: 5 surprising digital marketing facts (infographic)
Marketers have their work cut out for them. As technology and user behavior evolves, so do client and consumer expectations. Here are 5 digital marketing facts to keep in mind as you strategize for the year ahead.
- 60 percent of online adults use at least two devices daily.
- Downloads of mobile apps will increase to 268 million by 2017.
- Instagram has more than 200 million monthly active users and an average of 60 million photos are posted daily.
- In less than five years, 50 percent of the U.S. population will be over the age of 50 and will control 70 percent of the nation’s disposable income. Do you understand the Baby Boomer?
- A quarter of the 90 million millennials in the U.S. are parents with a spending power of $200 billion. For more information on marketing to this growing demographic, check out Corporate Insight’s comprehensive study (disclaimer: I was interviewed for the project) and the infographics below from CEB.
- GFK Insights, http://blog.gfk.com/2014/03/finding-simplicity-in-a-multi-device-world/
- Gartner, http://www.gartner.com/newsroom/id/2654115
- Instagram, http://instagram.com/press/
- Nielsen, http://www.nielsen.com/us/en/insights/reports/2012/introducing-boomers–marketing-s-most-valuable-generation.html and Contently, http://contently.com/strategist/2014/07/16/4-tips-for-marketing-to-baby-boomers-in-the-digital-age/
- Digiday, http://digiday.com/brands/brands-reaching-millennial-moms-dads/