Content marketing roundup: summer edition
This summer was unexpectedly busy. Here is a look at a few of the projects that kept me writing away:
- Nearly 20 Inc. 5000 profiles about companies that rank on Inc. mag’s list of the fastest-growing privately-held companies in the country
In these pieces, we explore the success factors fueling a business’s exponential growth and highlight advice for entrepreneurs. I met some amazing women and men doing big things in Marketing & Advertising, Supply Chain Management, Beauty, Insurance, Auto, and Accounting. I am forever grateful for this incredible ongoing project. I think this is my seventh year doing it.
- Content for the Inc. Growth Network (IGN), the first-ever digital platform for the Inc. 5000 community
I am excited to be working as IGN’s community content creator. I am interviewing members for spotlights, writing newsletters to promote the community, and drafting polls and questions to drive engagement on the platform. The IGN is sponsored by Capital One Business, so l will be weaving in brand mentions and potentially creating branded content, too.
- Q&As with marketing experts for the Association of National Advertisers (ANA) magazine
Almost every month, I interview a marketing expert about a particular industry issue for ANA. Recently, I have spoken with an SVP at Paramount about streaming trends and the U.S. CMO at Jaguar Land-Rover (JLR) about JLR’s new brand strategy and approach to balancing performance and brand. These discussions are great learning opportunities, and I love sharing what I learn with ANA readers… or anyone who’s willing to listen to me blab. I have got more interviews publishing soon, so stay tuned.
- A comprehensive case studies project for the award-winning agency Said Differently
Working with the Said Differently leadership team has been a dream. They are smart, hardworking, and refreshingly human. In addition to working with CEO Rachel Barek on thought leadership content in partnership with the strategy firm Day One, I created 8 case studies to serve as marketing collateral and support the launch of Said Differently’s updated website. These are pieces I am truly proud to include in my portfolio.
- Thought leadership for Day One, a comprehensive corporate strategy firm
I met Day One through my thought leadership partnership with Said Differently. After working together a short while, the Day One leadership team asked if I would create thought leadership content for their company, as well. I am enjoying my ongoing discussions with Day One strategists and consultants and see lots of ways we could partner together moving forward.
- A special section about the advantages of launching a company in metro Atlanta
This special section was for the print edition of Inc. mag. In the long-form article, we explored what sets the metro Atlanta apart, including its distinct culture, thriving innovation ecosystem, and host of resources for SMBs. The story reflected interviews with section sponsors and is a great example of effective content marketing. All parties involved loved the finish product.
In case you are worried for me, let me tell you about all the ways I unplugged from work. Personal highlights include:
- An adult-only weekend in Narraganset and Newport, Rhode Island.
- A glorious weekend in Saratoga which included a Dave Matthews Band concert.
- A girls trip to Washington DC for a friend’s bday.
- Multiple family trips to my parents’ place in Rhode Island, including a retirement celebration for my mom, who deserves some relaxation after working as a nurse for 45 years.
- A Beyonce show in MA with my daughter and a dear friend and her daughter.
- Sound on Sound music festival with my college bestie. She and I also went kayaking this summer — look at us.
- A family vacation to Cape May, New Jersey with fam (technical fam + friends so close they are fam).
- An incredible birthday celebration in Manhattan.
- A Yankees game with family friends — probably the highlight of my son’s year.
- Peter Pan Gone Wrong on Broadway with my daughter and son.
- &Juliet on Broadway with my daughter.
- An epic family camping trip with an incredible crew of avid campers who showed us the ropes.
Thanks for your interest in my adventures in #ContentMarketing, #SponsoredStorytelling, #Journalism, #Marketing, #BrandStrategy, #Ghostwriting, and life.